Staff Sergeant Montiel is the NCOIC of Knowledge Operation Management, Air Force Reserve Officers Training Corps, Detachment 550, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. In this capacity, Sergeant Montiel is responsible for managing commander staff support actions, records management, administrative functions, financial events to include subsistence & textbook funds, oversees cadet life-cycle personnel procedures, information systems and technology support. She is also the Resource Manager and liaison for equipment and financial actions between AFROTC and the host institution (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute), as well as managing the Issue-in-Kind uniform program.
Staff Sergeant Montiel was born in Ventura, CA. She entered the USAF in 2002. As a career Knowledge Operations Manager, she has served in Operation ENDURING FREEDOM, Horn of Africa. During this period, Sergeant Montiel was a trusted agent completing countless document transfers within three security platforms and was instrumental to the release of SIPRnet SharePoint Portal supporting 2000+ deployed customers other mission-critical duties. Sergeant Montiel most recently served as the NCOIC, Electronic Communications at MacDill AFB, FL.
Staff Sergeant Montiel’s military decorations include Joint Service Achievement Medal, Air Force Commendation Medal, AF Outstanding Unit Award, AF Organizational Excellence Award, AF Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border, AF Longevity Service, USAF NCO PME Graduate Ribbon and AF Training Ribbon.
2007 Airman Leadership School, MacDill AFB FL
2010 Associate of Applied Science, Information Management, Community College of the Air Force
Present Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Management, Ashford University
1. Dec 2002–Jan 2003: Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. Jan 2003–Feb 2003: Student, 3A0 Technical Training Course, Keesler AFB, Mississippi
3. Mar 2003–Jun 2006: Information Mngr CC Section, 576 Flight Test Squadron (AFSPC) Vandenburg AFB, CA
4. Jul 2006–Feb 2008: NCOIC, Freedom of Info Act, 6th Communications Squadron (AMC) MacDill AFB, FL
5. Mar 2008–Jul 2008: J6 Information Manager, Camp Lemonier (CJTF-HOA) Djibouti, Africa
6. Jul 2008–Dec 2009: NCOIC, Base Info Transfer Ctr, 6th Communications Squadron (AMC) MacDill AFB, FL
7. Dec 2009–Jun 2011: NCOIC, Wg Staff Knowledge Ops, 6th Air Mobility Wing (AMC) MacDill AFB, FL
8. Jun 2011-Nov 2011: NCOIC, Electronic Comm, 6th Communications Squadron (AMC) MacDill AFB, FL
9. Nov 2011 – Present: NCOIC, Knowledge Operations Manager, Det 550 (AETC) Troy, NY
DATES OF PROMOTION
Staff Sergeant Jan 2008
Senior Airman Apr 2005
Airman First Class Jan 2003
Basic Trainee Dec 2002